Sports help teens quit smoking
Smoke so one bad habit that is difficult to stop. Will be more difficult the longer a person quit smoking. It is a dangerous thing.
For teens who are already involved in smoking habits can still be overcome. Before the age and difficult to stop.
According to a new study cited from MedicineNet, Thursday (18/04/2013), a small amount of daily exercise can help older smokers reduce or stop the dangerous habit.
Researchers observed 233 teens in 19 high schools in West Virginia that has the highest smoking rates in the country. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 13 percent of people under the age of 18 years in the state are smokers.
All the teens in the study who were daily smokers smoked an average of half a pack a day on weekdays and a pack a day on weekends. Plus other unhealthy behaviors.
"It's not unusual for adolescent smokers engage in other unhealthy habits. Smoking and physical activity, for example, often go hand in hand," said the study's lead author, Komberley Horn, also associate dean for research at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, in Washington, DC in a campus news release.
The teens in the study were divided into three groups. One group took part in a smoking cessation program combined with a fitness program. Two groups took part in a smoking cessation program alone. And a third group heard only brief anti-smoking lectures.
All teens increase the number of daily physical activity only in the study. Teens who increased the number of days to exercise at least 20 minutes, equivalent to a short walk away, to significantly reduce the number of cigarettes smoked.
According to a study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, teens are more likely to quit smoking if taking part in a smoking cessation program combined with a fitness program. By increasing the amount of exercise a day for at least 30 minutes.
"This study adds to the evidence that exercise may help teens who try to quit smoking," added Horn.
- The ego batteries bring the enjoyment of smoking for the electronic cigarettes
- You can purchase a 1300mAh battery for EGO EGO-T electronic cigarette. It comes out as a quality material at the cost of $6.29 only as there are 55% sales off. It is secure and simple...
Thursday, December 5, 2013 UTC
- E Cigarette: The Healthier and Safer Option
- Even with a lot of published studies that tackles the adverse effects of smoking cigarette should look for ways on how to quit this habit as soon as possible. The safer and easier...
Thursday, October 11, 2012 UTC
- Teens charged in death of retired NFL player's son
- Four southern California teenagers have been charged following the apparent drug overdose death of an 18-year-old high school quarterback whose father is a retired NFL player, the Los...
Sunday, November 20, 2011 UTC
- Sports Injury Clinic - Doctors Express Citrus Park
- Every year kids in schools across the state of Florida are required to receive a sports physical to play in their sport of choice. Visit Doctors Express in Citrus Park for any sports...
Thursday, September 26, 2013 UTC